Distinguished Alumni Award Nomination Form
The Viterbo University Alumni Association Board seeks candidates for the Distinguished Alumni Awards to be presented during Alumni Weekend. Distinguished alumni are people who display Viterbo’s mission of faithful service and ethical leadership in their everyday lives. These alumni embody Viterbo’s core values:
- Contemplation, reflecting upon the presence of God in our lives and work;
- Hospitality, welcoming everyone we encounter as an honored guest;
- Integrity, striving for honesty in everything we say and do;
- Stewardship, practicing responsible use of all resources in our trust; and
- Service, working for the common good in the spirit of humility and joy.
Distinguished Alumni Awards may be presented in the following categories:
- Young Alumni – for a graduate of the last decade who has displayed significant professional achievement and/or service to others.
- Professional Development – for significant and broad accomplishments in one’s professional career.
- Service to the University – for generous and devoted service to Viterbo University.
- Community Service – for demonstrating that a liberal arts education can be the foundation for unselfish and exceptional service to the community and humanity.
- Spirit of Francis Award – can be awarded every year to an alumnus/a who embodies and exemplifies Franciscan values in his or her personal, professional, and spiritual life.
If you are aware of someone deserving of this recognition, you may nominate them by submitting the following information:
- Nomination form (see below)
- At least one letter of recommendation from a colleague, friend, classmate, etc. of the nominee
- Additional support materials (i.e. resume, newspaper articles, Web sites, etc.)
If you are unsure of what category in which to nominate someone, please select "unsure", and the committee will determine the most appropriate category. The submission of additional support materials is strongly encouraged to distinguish your nominee from others.
Only Viterbo University alumni are eligible for these awards. Alumni are defined as those who have graduated or have received a minimum of 45 credits from Viterbo University. Nominations may be made by faculty, other alumni, relatives, colleagues, or friends. Nominations for alumni not selected will remain on file for up to two (2) years for future consideration.
March 1 – Nomination form
March 15 – Letters of recommendation and support materials
The electronic nomination form must be received by midnight (CST) on March 1 for the nomination to be considered in that year. Letters of recommendation and other support materials must be compiled and submitted via mail or email by March 15. Late nominations will be considered in the following year.
You may also mail or email the nomination form. Download a nomination form.
Alternate Contact (if the nominee lives outside of the U.S.):
If you are unsure of what category in which to nominate someone,
please select "unsure", and the committee will determine the most appropriate category.
INFORMATION CAN BE OBTAINED FROM:
Relationship to nominee:
Feel free to submit additional names or include appropriate supportive material.
Please email Kathy Duerwacher '10, Director of Alumni Relations, at email@example.com with the following documents, no later than March 15th, to support your submission:
• At least one letter of recommendation from a colleague, friend, classmate, etc. of the nominee
• Additional support materials (i.e. resume, newspaper articles, Web sites, etc.)
You may also mail supporting documents to
Kathy Duerwachter '10
Director of Alumni Relations, Viterbo University
900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601